What is Search Console? Google Search Console is a free service that lets you learn a great deal of information about your website and the people who visit it. You can use it to find out things like how many people are visiting your site and how they are finding it, whether more people are visiting your site on a mobile device or desktop computer, and which pages on your site are the most popular. It can also help you to find out and fix website errors. In that you will need to submit a sitemap, and create and check a robots.txt file also.
Why use Search Console? Everyone knows that Google is the top most popular search engine in the world. Each & every website needs to save (index) in Google’s database, then and then it will shown that sites in search results. Monitor your site’s performance in Google Search results:
1. Make sure that Google can access your content 2. Update your website content as per latest market demands. 3. Create and monitor content that delivers visually engaging search results 4. Maintain your site with minimal disruption to search performance 5. Monitor and resolve malware or spam issues, like Spam messages in reviews 6. Which queries caused your site to appear in search results? Do the proper keyword analysis. 7. See the competitors Websites, content, Keywords & all. 8. Checkout your product prices, company contact info highlighted in rich search results? 9. Check your backlinks, which sites come towards your website? 10. Is your mobile site performing well for visitors searching on mobile?
Adding and verifying your site to Search Console 1. Visit Google Search Console and login using your Google account. 2. Click on “Add a Property” button in the top right corner to add website. 3. Write the Website URL that you would like to manage and then click on “Add” Button. 4. Verify the ownership of your domain name. Google’s recommended method is to upload a verification file to your server & other alternative methods are also there. 5. Choose the method you prefer and go through the process
Modules in Search Console – 1. Dashboard is where you get a quick overview of any significant and critical messages that Google has sent you and the current status of your site regarding Crawl Errors, Search Queries, and Sitemaps. Like – “No new messages or recent critical issues”. Or “Approval to link your Chrome Web Store to http://www.yoursitename.in/”
2. Message is your inbox which features any message that Google sends you about your site. Such as an increase in the number of “page not found” occurrences or a drop in rankings. Like – “Google bot has increased the server errors” & “Increase in 404 Pages”.
3. Search Appearance gives you more details on how your site and pages appear in the search results. This includes information about Structured Data (your schema.org data), Rich Cards, and HTML Improvements (issues with titles and tags of your pages).
4. Search Traffic It tells you what keyword phrases Google ranks you for, how many impressions and clicks you get from the individual search results, what positions you are ranked in, and even which of your pages are best ranked.
5. Google Index gives you the status on how many of your pages are indexed and what keywords you are using the most. Here you also have the option to remove URL’s from Google’s index if you don’t want them to display any longer.
6. Crawl section gives you “Errors” (such as 404 pages not found) encountered on your site. There’s also details on how Google crawls your content and how frequently. Make sure to fix or redirect any missing pages.
7. Security Issues Do check and see if Google discovered some important matters you should deal with. Just secure your website with effective WordPress security Strategy.
8. Other Resources section gives you links to some other useful Google products, such as “Structured Data Testing Tool” and “Page speed Insights” which help you speed up the loading time on your content
Who should use Search Console? Anyone with a website! From generalist to specialist, from newbie to advanced, Search Console can help you. 1. Business owner who delegates – Even if you don’t think you know how to use Search Console, you should be aware of it and become familiar with the basics. You might hire your webmaster or a marketing specialist to help you set up your website with Search Console. In that case, you can work with that person to ensure you have access and control to all of the reports for your website. In addition, it’s a good idea to learn all you can about how your site is performing in search results so you can make important business decisions about your site.
2. SEO specialist or marketer – As someone focused on online marketing, Search Console will help you monitor your website traffic, optimize your ranking, and make informed decisions about the appearance of your site’s search results. You can use the information in Search Console to influence technical decisions for the website and do sophisticated marketing analysis in conjunction with other Google tools like Analytics, Google Trends, and Adword.
3. Site Administrator – As a site admin, you care about the healthy operation of your site. Search Console lets you easily monitor and in some cases resolve server errors, site load issues, and security issues like hacking and malware. You can also use it to ensure any site maintenance or adjustments you make happen smoothly with respect to search performance.
4. Web Developer – If you are creating the actual markup and/or code for your site, Search Console helps you monitor and resolve common issues with markup, such as errors in structured data.
5. App Developer – If you own an app, you want to see how mobile users find your app using Google Search. Search Console can help you integrate your app seamlessly with with the website world.
We techenvision is best web design & development company since 5 years. Now, we are expanding our services in digital marketing, Search engine optimization, Social Media Optimization, Pay per click advertising & Email Marketing. We are having expert team to handle these services. We will not only design the websites but also giving services like, if any one searches anything related to your services or products then the your website will appear in search results or search console.