Do you have a YouTube channel? Looking for ways to keep viewers watching longer? We all know that accumulating Watch Time on your YouTube videos is very important for how successfully they rank in search results.
So, What Is YouTube Watch Time? Watch time (audience retention) is the total amount of time in aggregate that viewers spend watching your videos. Ideally, videos topping in this metric result in higher overall viewing sessions.
With a boost in watch time, YouTube is more likely to promote your channel through search and recommended videos, which in turn leads to more views.
Now that you understand YouTube’s watch time metric, let’s look at five tactics that will help increase your total watch time.
There are 5 ways to increase your YouTube watch time for Better YouTube Rankings.
1. Create Playlist: Creating playlists for your YouTube videos is a way to guide potential viewers toward a longer viewing experience where they watch more of your best content. When you organize your videos in interesting sequences, viewers will be more likely to watch your other videos. This ultimately boosts watch time, giving you a higher ranking on YouTube. To optimize your playlists, use the start and end time function on YouTube to enumerate IN and OUT points for each video, which creates a more impressive user experience.
2. Choose Titles and Thumbnails That Accurately Reflect Your Content Choose an image that accurately reflects the content of your video so viewers know what to expect when they click. It’s important not to mislead viewers, because they’ll be more likely to be disappointed and stop watching.
Design an image that will compel viewers to click and see more.
Use both the thumbnail and title to tell an intriguing story.
Make sure your thumbnails will work effectively on both mobile and desktop.
Look at the Audience Retention reports for your videos to measure the effectiveness of your thumbnails. If you see a sharp drop off in the first 10-15 seconds, your video may not be delivering on the expectations suggested by the title and thumbnail.
Your thumbnail, title, and description should give potential viewers a good reason to watch your video over others in your niche.
3. Use Cards throughout Your Videos You can use cards in a number of ways, but the best tactic for keeping viewers engaged is to use them to link to other content on your YouTube channel that viewers will likely be interested in.
4. Create Content Based on Long-Tail YouTube Keywords Long-tail YouTube keywords can help you get people to watch your videos instead of your competitors‘.
One way to identify keywords is to use YouTube’s suggestions feature. In the YouTube search box, type in a word you know your audience is interested in and note YouTube’s suggested searches. These are not just random suggestions; they’re based on what users want to see. Use these suggestions as topics for your videos. See the example that shown below picture.
Also check out your competitors’ channels to see what kinds of videos they’re producing and look at what keywords they’re targeting. Take note of these keywords for future videos.
5. Build your Subscriber Base best thing you might be able to do for your video SEO is to build your subscriber base because active subscribers will always lead to higher accumulated watch time on your videos right from the moment you publish them. Plus, they tend to be more committed to your videos and will have better audience retention than someone who finds you through search results.
Conclusion Google and other search engines use their spiders to crawl and scan texts and other readable content on the web. Search engines monitor metrics like a site’s load time, user experience, links, etc. This process is entirely different with YouTube. Because videos are not articles, they’re difficult to scan. So how does YouTube judge the quality of videos to return the best search results for users? By giving priority to watch time. Incorporating the five tactics above in your YouTube marketing will help increase your watch time and, in turn, your search ranking on the network.
Stay in touch with techenvision for all Social Media Marketing updates & Grow your audience, connect with your audience with Video marketing. To know more feel free to call us on +91 9561770305 / 9860995414 Reference – http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com, tubularinsights.com